Saturday, April 19, 2008

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Normally, Peipei, my niece, doesn't really eat my sweets...Last time I baked Cranberry Coffee Cake..when she saw i put the frozen cranberry in the batter...she said..''Ja, I will give this for grandma...I am not gonna eat it''

haha..I think she is afraid of sour fruit or doesn't like cake with fruit !

BUT !! I am still good !!! She loves my cookies....

The day before I came to Sydney...Peipei asked me to bake her favourite thing again...Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies......She really really loves it....Everytime she comes to see me, always ask for it...

Tan tan tan !!!! ..........the chocolate and butter aroma wake Peipei up...

Looks so good, rite? I put Chocolate more than 1 cup actually...

Ingredients

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Corn Syrup
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or can use instant espresso coffee powder)
1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300 F (170 C). Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)
2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.

Due to my small oven, I have to bake cookies for many batches...for 2 first batches, I used the Ice cream scoop..quite big one... As you can see at the top of the cookies tray...

The rest of the dough, I just used tablespoon.....looks cute though...(and good cuz can give to more people..hehe...)

Ummmmmmmm........................

4 comments:

Hungry Hamster said...

yum! looks really good! I'll try this soon!

pepsakoy said...

Lucky Pei Pei !!

bake-aholic said...

Hi..It's me Koy. Your cookies look so good....no wonder why n'pei pei can't resist them :) I always have a problem when baking soft cookies...they always spread too much and the finishing goods usually come out like a big CD ^ ^

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Hungry Hamster : i like this recipe na..worth to try.

pepsakoy : hehe...

bake-aholic : just put the dough into the fridge first for 10 - 15 min. then bake ka...i have got Big CD before too ^ ^