Flourless Chocolate Torte
(adapted from K'Look Pla, Pantip)
200 g Dark Chocolate (melted)
200 g Salted Butter (I used unsalted butter)
100 g Almond meal
3 tbsp (45 g) Cocoa powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla
4 Egg whites
150 g Caster sugar (I used 110 g)
1 tsp Kahlua ( I didn't use)
Icing sugar for dusting
Grease 2 8-inch springform pan, and dust with unsweetened cocoa; set aside and preheat the oven 165 - 170 C
1. Melt chocolate and butter together in bain marie (or i put in microwave for a couple mins) then add vanilla and kahlua.
2. Sift the almond meal, salt and cocoa powder together.
3. Beat yolks with 50 g of sugar with high speed for 5-6 mins until light and pale in colour then add chocolate mixture into yolks.
4. Fold in almond meal mixture and set a side,
5. Beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form (not too hard). Fold one-third beaten egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture just until blended.
6. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
7. Bake about 30 - 35 mins. Let stand in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing sides of pan.I baked in 1 8-inch springform panand in 7 muffin tins for 20 - 25 mins.
And one thing !! Do not getting nervous when you see the cake is getting collapse...it suppose to be like that :)
I have been tagged by dailydelicious to write this meme ….7 facts about myself :)