Thursday, November 6, 2008

Flourless Chocolate Torte

As you seen in my blog that last Saturday I met a couple of my friends, I planned to baked something for them....until I found this recipe from Pantip. It is the Flourless Chocolate Torte...contains lots of chocolate, butter, almond meal but rises by eggs...So it is not too heavy, light yet moist and rich enough for chocolate lover !


Flourless Chocolate Torte

(adapted from K'Look Pla, Pantip)


200 g Dark Chocolate (melted)

200 g Salted Butter (I used unsalted butter)

100 g Almond meal

3 tbsp (45 g) Cocoa powder

1/4 tsp Salt

1 tsp Vanilla

5 Yolks

4 Egg whites

150 g Caster sugar (I used 110 g)

1 tsp Kahlua ( I didn't use)

Icing sugar for dusting

Grease 2 8-inch springform pan, and dust with unsweetened cocoa; set aside and preheat the oven 165 - 170 C

1. Melt chocolate and butter together in bain marie (or i put in microwave for a couple mins) then add vanilla and kahlua.

2. Sift the almond meal, salt and cocoa powder together.

3. Beat yolks with 50 g of sugar with high speed for 5-6 mins until light and pale in colour then add chocolate mixture into yolks.

4. Fold in almond meal mixture and set a side,

5. Beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form (not too hard). Fold one-third beaten egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture just until blended.

6. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.

7. Bake about 30 - 35 mins. Let stand in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing sides of pan.

I baked in 1 8-inch springform panand in 7 muffin tins for 20 - 25 mins.

And one thing !! Do not getting nervous when you see the cake is getting collapse...it suppose to be like that :)


Reallly like this recipe...I will take it as one of my favourite recipe !

I have been tagged by dailydelicious to write this meme ….7 facts about myself :)

1. I love Food ! I think I started loving food since I was in secondary school. At that time I was always hungry so kept looking at the cooking books and restaurant review in magazines lol. I felt in love in cakes since I was in Year 1 in university, I bought an orange cake back home from the cafe called ''Cafe de Tu'' at Amarin building. It was an orange chiffon sandwiched an orange curd and masked with Italian meringue. After 1st bite, I was like '' Wowww.....'' After that I start trying cake and love it until now.

2. I used to be very healthy food conscious; love to eat Vitamins, eat lots of veggies. Everyday lunch at school, my lunch always contains veggies, tofu and egg. No oily food, not eat much fry stuff. Now? getting older lol, I love to eat pork belly, marbling meat and pastries.

3. Before, I have never thought that I will love baking cuz it seems so girly .. haha..yeah, so many girls like to bake cakes, cookies. I don't wanna follow that trend...but because of the first fact I mentioned above. I have started to love eating cakes but I always found it is too sweet for my liking. Finally one day I thought that '' Ok, since I have so many cooking book, why don't we try bake one?'' Then my first cake was the ''Moist Devil's food cake'' from Martha stewart, my first idol.

4. I am a very indecisive person. I don't know why and I hate it, even sometimes for the easy things; like buying some cakes, I still take so long time to make decision and if I need to be rush, I always choose the wrong thing . Sometimes I just need someone to decide for me *sigh*

5. I am a day dreamer....always think but no action ! I need to work about this asap !

6. I am not good at Narration at all, neither in English nor even Thai, neither in speaking or writing...Sometimes I talk to someone, I forgot my main idea..haha.... Also my English is still not so good, as you can see in my blog. I always use the same words, same style of writing...but I think it is very good to pratice...At least I can practise my writing often (and thanks for you guys' blogs...so I can pratice reading aswell)

7. I just can't stop smiling when...
.... there is the beautiful dessert in front of me.
.... I see people love and enjoy eat food that I cook or bake.
.... good food go into my mouth.
.... I know the one I love happy.

Oh...my god ! I think I write too much until I think no one gonna read it ^ ^'')

I am tagging the following 7 bloggers:

1. Heidi at Heidi loves food
3. N'Pea at Cafe de Jatapha.
5. Panda at Panda & Cakes
7. Ton at Tontubtim

Here are the rules for tagging:

Link to my blog (tagger) on your blog. Give seven facts about yourself. Tag another seven bloggers by leaving a comment on their blogs and letting them know they were tagged and listing them (and their blogs) on your blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmm I love flourless chocolate cakes-they're so rich and gooey!

dailydelicious said...

Hi, I wish i can have one bite of your cake.
Oh chocolate, yummy yummy.

And thank for the meme tag:).

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

lorraine : I love it too...I tried only the cupcake version..it is not very gooey but rich enough...I think the one in the big tin should be much more gooey...but because I gave it to my friend...next time I will bake again and try. :)

dailydelicious : no worries ka ..thanks for tagging me :D

Hungry Hamster said...

wow, ur flourless chocolate cake looks so pretty! Inspired me to make one, maybe a few weeks later though :p I'm having my cholesterol check tomorrow! Wish me luck!