Sunday, October 12, 2008

Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffin

In Thailand, fresh berries are very expensive like raspberry and blueberry are about AUS $ 12-15.00 per punnet...So I don't dare to buy them :P

Here, Australia, they are also a bit expensive. Raspberry is about $8.99 but last week I saw they was only $4.99 in Woolworth then I just grabbed one punnet and thinking about baking something...Yeah ! Raspberry and white chocolate muffin is one of my favourite .

I LOVE muffin, just that don't have many chances to make...I always see many muffin recipes...too many ..hehe....so I can't decide which one I should try first....I made it a couple times and it didn't turn out good...When I have some nice muffins, I really wanna ask them the recipe ;P

In Australia, I had some very good muffins: White Chocolate with mixed berries muffin from the book kitchen, mixed berries muffin from the bourk street bakery, Raspberry & dark chocolate muffin from Beetroot, Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffin from Cafe No.5 and the latest one...Mixed berries muffin from Consumate...(ummm....it is all I can think now)

I searched on an internet about raspberry and white chocolate muffin and found out an interesting recipe from Kitchen wench. But I made half recipe and substituted lots of ingredients due to the things in my cupboard.



Mixed Berry Muffins
(Adapted from ‘Marie Claire - Comfort‘)

Ingredients
125 g plain natural yoghurt (I used Peach & Mango yoghurt)
50 ml vegetable oil
1 medium-sized eggs
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
140 g all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
50 g brown sugar (I used 30 g of caster sugar)
125 g frozen mixed berries (I used fresh raspberries)
Demerara sugar (I used caster sugar)
White chocolate 80 g.

1. Grease 4 holes in a standard muffin tin or prepare 4 muffin papers and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.

2. Whisk together the yoghurt, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract till well combined.

3. Sift together the all-purpose flour with the baking powder, then stir in the sugar and mixed berries till evenly mixed together. Add the yoghurt mixture to the flour mixture and lightly fold together, taking care not to overmix.

4. Spoon into the prepared muffin containers and sprinkle the top of each muffin with a tsp of demerara sugar and place in the oven to bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or till a wooden skewer inserted into the middle comes out cleanly.


Looks really not bad, rite ! \^o^/


Lots of raspberries...I think I put too little white chocolate.


Haih....The taste still was not exactly the one I want. But again, due to my big substitution, I am not sure how it taste like if I follow 100% recipe..haha

However, I found another recipe which seems to be good, just that I don't have baking soda which is required in the recipe...I will try that soon..

6 comments:

Annie said...

These muffins look delicious! Did you save one for me?

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

annie : hehe...the recipe has not been satisfied yet..I will save one for you when I find the great one :)

Anonymous said...

I love the sound of those muffins-white chocolate and berries is a great combo! I've never tried cooking muffins with yoghurt but it sounds great L(

Annie said...

okay Bean sprout, I'm looking forward to the next batch!

Anonymous said...

I was in Aus and tried your muffins and since have been hooked! THank you thank you!

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Anonymous : You like it? Great ! I am so happy when knowing that I made someone happy ^ ^