First time I made Loyal Icing for decoration... I really like the pink colour ( if I also have blue colour should be a lot more better)
200 g all-purpose flour, plus more for the work surface
100 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
80 g icing sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Heat oven to 160° C.
1. Beat the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer on medium-high until smooth. Add the egg yolk and beat until fluffy.
2 Add the vanilla. Reduce mixer speed to low.Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and add it slowly to the butter mixture, mixing until just incorporated. (Do not over work).
3. Make it like the round dough, wrap and keep in the fridge around 6 hrs. (or until it becomes hard)
4. Roll into 3-5 mm. thick. Cut into shapes and place on parchment-lined baking sheets. The scraps can be combined and rolled out again.
5. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until the edges are a light golden brown. Cool slightly on the baking sheets before transferring to cooling racks.
Royal Icing (Frosting)
25 g egg white
125 g icing sugar
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 lemon zest
1.Whisk egg white, icing lemon juice and lemon zest until has foam.
2. Gradually add icing sugar and mix until smooth (the consistancy should be not too runny or too stiff).
Dip cookies (face down) just until the surface is covered all with icing and let it dry for a few minutes.
Royal Icing (Piping)
15 g egg white
75 g icing sugar
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1.Whisk egg white, icing lemon juice with high speed until firm.
2. Add all icing sugar and mix carefully until smooth (the consistancy should be not too runny or too stiff).
I made 1 big tray and 1 small tray... my piping is not very good, as you see in the pictures, I already tried to find the best one ^ ^''