Saturday, September 13, 2008

Lemon Macaron

Now I have become obsessed with Macaron ...Even though I don't really like eating it, I keep finding new recipes..(since my first time successfully making Macaron)

Today I made Lemon Macaron using Gam's recipe

This is the recipe: (I made the triple of recipe)

Lemon Macaron

35 g Almond meal
50 g Icing sugar
7 g Caster sugar
25 g Egg whites
Yellow colour

1. Sieve the almond meal and icing sugar into a mixing bowl. Make sure the mixture is lump-free.

2. Beat the egg whites using an electrical mixer with a whisk attachment at high speed until you can see a line made by the whisk going round. Then add in the sugar while the mixer is at medium speed. Make a stiff meringue.

3. Fold the meringue into the dry sieved ingredients. The mixture should be shiny and 'flow like magma.' When small peaks dissolve to a flat surface, stop mixing. Taking care not to overfold it, as normal meringue are very delicate.

4.Pipe the mixture onto a silpat with a no. 5 plain tube into 1 inch balls. If the mixture is too thick, you’ll see a tip sticking up from the balls (from where you piped them) even after you finish piping the last row. If this happens, give the tray a little tap so that you’ll get a nice smooth surface.

5. Leave the piped macaron cookies out to form a skin before baking them at 140 degrees Celsius in a deck oven for approximately 14-16 minutes. When totally cooled, sandwich two cookies together with the filling.

Lemon Jam Filling

150 g Lemon flesh

60 g Caster sugar

50 ml Water

1 Lemon zest

Boil all ingredients together, then simmer it until the sauce become thick. ( I put the lemon juice too..maybe because of this, my jam was very sour)


My god...this time I took it out from the oven too early...I saw its feets were collapsing...T_T And the bottom was still a bit wet...so I put it back in the oven for a few minute.

Putting Jam. Because the lemon jam was very sour..so I didn't put much...It ended up with Macarons that can't see the filling...haha...


Finish products were not bad as I thought...still looks nice (I tried to think that ;p)


It is very sweet and very sour macaron...I will try to find a new filling recipe which is milder than this one.

No comments: