Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oreo Yogurt Cupcakes

I have been falling in love in this recipe since i first saw it in sweet for my sweet last year. The recipe was created by My Kitchen:My laboratory. Finally, I decided to make it just before i have been to Sydney...

Oreo Yogurt Cupcakes

225g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
85g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
150g sugar2 eggs, beaten
1 cup(240ml) nonfat unsweetened yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
80g Oreo cookies, roughly crushed
Whole Oreo cookies for decorating

Method

1. Preheat oven to 180C and grease or line a 8-inch round tin.
Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy.Dribble in eggs slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time, beating constantly for about 2 mins.
3. On LOW speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture until just combined. Beat in ½ of the yogurt. Then beat in 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining yogurt, and vanilla extract. Finally beat in the remaining flour mixture.
4. Lastly, fold in the crushed cookies.
5. Pour into prepared tin, arrange whole Oreos on top and bake for about 40 - 50 mins till skewer inserted comes out clean.

Cool in pan for 5 mins. Unmold and cool completely

So cute !

After I tasted my cupcake...i was thinking ''this cupcake was a bit dry...It's just ok...but why it was dry...must be something wrong..cuz everyone who baked before all said it is so good...'' I was thinking, thinking and thinking...May be I reduced too much sugar? or I have to put the oreo cream in the batter too? (i thrown away the cream inside, just put the biscuit)

Oh...my goshhh...I have found out the reason !!! I read in the recipe..it said 1 cup(240ml) nonfat unsweetened yogurt ... then I just put 1 cup of yogurt while I forgot that 1 cup of yogurt in Thailand is only about 125 ml....which means I have to use 2 cups of yogurt...hahaha...so silly....

Some of Thais can read my kratoo in Pantip here

No comments: