Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Baileys Chocolate Tartlets

Since I still have some left over sweet short pastry from making Dark chocolate tart for Soek birthday, I decided to make another easy chocolate tartlets from this recipe but in smaller version.

The sweet short pastry recipe is here.



The Chocolate Baileys Irish Cream Filling
(adapted from Its_gemmi)

150 ml whipping cream
70 g dark chocolate (I put 100 g)
100 g milk chocolate (I put 70 g)
1/2 tbsp. Baileys Irish Cream

1. In the bowl, put together the whipping cream and small pieces of chocolate and heat on Bain Marie.

2. Stir carefully (we don't want the airation) until all chocolate melt and well combine with cream. Take off the heat.

3. Add Baileys Irish Cream, stir

4. Pour the filling in to the tart and refridgerate about 4 - 6 hours before serving.

I made candied lemon peel to decorate the tart. (suppose to be orange but I don't have :P)


It is the easiest recipe and it's delicious.


Packed to giving friends :D


Yum !

12 comments:

Simon Leong said...

they look very yummy. would have loved to try one.

Stephcookie said...

They look so professional! Your pastry looks perfect.

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Simon : hehe, thank you very much, you really wanna try? :P If I make something else, I can let you know..haha

Stephcookie : Thanks thanks.. the recipe is quite good. But I think I will try some other recipes.

Gustoso said...

Yummo. They look delectable!

maria said...

*Swoons* These tarts look awesome - I want one right now!!

And thanks so much for leaving a comment at my blog too -it's nice when someone new takes the time to say HI!

Did you do anything special to get your tarts so neatly crimped around the rim? Or were they just part of your tart mould/tray?

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Gustoso : thanks, the recipe is very easy, try :)

Maria : thanks for visiting to my blog. I used my hand to push againt between the dough and the tin (that's what my chef tought me) ^ ^

Deeba PAB said...

Slam dunk delicious stuff! These look quite simple to make, & so indulgent,. Pretty too! WOW!!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I dream of my pastry cases looking like that! They look magnificent Ja! :D

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Deeba : thanks for visiting, your blog is wonderful.

Lorraine : thankssss.. You definitely make better than I :D

panda said...

can i have one next time you make these?

anyway, just wanted to let you know that i'm awarding you with the 'kreativ blogger award'. more deets here: http://panda-n-cakes.blogspot.com/2009/07/kreativ-blogger-award.html

I.Lim said...

If i didn't put Bailey's Irish Cream(since i don't have), will the taste differ a lot? Or do I need to substitute with other ingredients similar??

Regards,
Lim

I.Lim said...

If i didn't put Bailey's Irish Cream(since i don't have), will the taste differ a lot? Or do I need to substitute with other ingredients similar??