Sunday, March 7, 2010

Danks Street Depot

P'Ta and I were craving for a good breakfast, then I told her this time we should go somewhere we have never been... then we went to Danks Street, Waterloo.

Danks Street Depot
is located at the corner of the Danks Street which attracts our eyes.

I like the atmosphere; arts blocks design and the open kitchen.


My skimmed mocha was beautiful, just enough chocolate taste yet not too sweet. P'Ta also liked her flatwhite as well.

That day was very hot and humid, we were looking for something light.


Creamed Eggs with Truffle Oil - 2 eggs cooked with cream and butter, served soft with chopped chives, truffle oil roasted field mushrooms, herbed tomato and sourdough toast $19.50

I know this one is quite rich and heavy but can't help, its the famous dish that I have been wanted to try for long time. And we were absolutely satisfied. The eggs were super creamy yet light which was beautifully seasoned with aromatic chives and truffle to give the dish more lively flavors, oh my, now I am a fan of truffle (which I wasn't).



Today special : Chicken Sandwich - Biodynamic Chicken stuffed and roasted then mixed with roasted Corn and Mayonnaise. Served on Rustic Loaf with Rocket $15.50

We had no idea what else we should order since the hot weather made us not so hungry. When the waitress recommended this dish, why not ? The chicken was lovely moist and seasoned well, the bread was delicious but it was nothing special from other good cafes.



The second time I was here alone after finished working. I really wanted the toasted reuben sandwich but it wasn't on the menu. I asked the waitress, she had no idea about the dish and nicely said they served only things on the menu, fare enough.


Being so disappointed, I still had to make decision what to order.


Slow cooked broccoli and eggs - slow cooked broccoli with chilli, garlic and white wine served on scrambled eggs and sourdough toast, topped with Capparis farms goasts feta and pasley $18.50


Again, Danks Steet Depot have done such a great job on their egg dishes. The egg was creamy, the broccoli were cooked with all those herbs made it not just a boil broccoli we make at home.




My photo with Chef Jared Ingersoll at Taste of Sydney... Now he is another my favourite chef, so polite yet funny :D


Danks Street Depot
1/2 Danks St Waterloo 2017
Tel : (02)96982201
Mon-Wed 7.30am - 4pm
Thurs-Sat 7.30am - 10pm
Sun 9am - 3pm

No comments: