Saturday, June 27, 2009

Black Star Pastry

Since now it is my holiday, I got more time to blog.. You will see lots of coming places that I actually went there quite long time ago....since February ^ ^''. The Black Star Pastry made me very excited when first I knew about it cuz it is not far from my area, New town (but I still have to take bus, last time I walked there, it took about 40 mins). And this wonderful cafe is belong to Chef Christopher The’s

First I see the shop.. Wowwww....It has a simple yet rustic feeling. All those array of pastries are just perfect, the type that I like and want to have in my shop... In another word, it is exactly my dream shop. (ok, I admit I have so many types of shops that I want to have haha)

However, the place is very small, about 2 small tables inside and 2 tables outside.. so I was a bit disappointed when I planned to have coffee & read some books there and then found out the table is not designed for that. I went there twice in that week. (and after that I totally forgot about it cuz the seat is not comfortable...mm I think I will go again to try something new)


First time I took away the Ginger Ninjas, Lemon curd shortbread, and Strawberry crumble tart.


Having the lemon curd shortbread from black star pastry with the skinny cappuccino at Campos.. sounds so good, rite?


Second time for breakfast, Leek with goat cheese quiche... Mmmm, not bad but I prefer the one in Bourke Street Bakery.


Coffee was good, also I tried Rose and Lilac Macaron..


It was light and tasty but the short pastry wasn't so crispy.



Deletable !

Also.. the staffs there are very friendly ^ ^


Black Star Pastry
277 Australia St. Newtown 2042.
Tel : (02) 9557 8656

4 comments:

Stephcookie said...

Oooh I really want to visit here, especially after this post. LOL at the ginger ninjas! The shortbread plus Campos coffee sounds like the perfect combo :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh lilac macrons? Be still my heart! :P

Simon Leong said...

i finally checked this place out. i'll have to try the Ginger Ninja next time. i saw them but was mesmerized by the cakes!

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Simon : that's good, you like it? last week I went there again but it was so crowded and I had ham & cheese croissant. Unluckey the croissant was like left in the heat oven too long, ham & cheese also burn T_T