If you have been reading my blog since I've started blogging, you will definitely know Seok, one of my best friends here in Australia. Today is his birthday so I made my all time favourite Dark Chocolate Tart for him. At first I was thinking about making Lemon meringue tart but not sure that every people will like the meringue, so I played safe with chocolate one... It is the 4th time for me making this tart... you see how much I love it lol.Dark Chocolate Tart
(adabted from LCB)
Sweet short pastry
150 g butter
95 g icing sugar
few drops vanilla essence
250 g bakers flour
30 g almond meal
60 g egg
1. Sift all dry ingredients and rub the butter with the dry ingredients until like bread crumbs.
2. Add eggs, DO NOT OVERWORK.
3. Refrigerate for 30 mins
4. Line in the baked pastry case and bake at 180 degree celcius for 15 - 20 mins.
80 ml milk
200 ml cream
200 g dark couverture
1 egg, beaten
(I skipped milk and used 300 ml cream because I bought 300 ml package of cream)
1. Boil milk and cream. Pour over chocolate and stir to melt.
2. Add egg.
3. Pour into blind baked pastry case and bake at 150 degree celcius till set.
4. Serve tart at room temperature with whatever garnish you want.
This time, I decorated with honeycomb (of couse I bought from supermarket..haha) at night, it turned out so beautiful as you see above. Before I chopped the honeycomb, I concerned that the honeycomb will absorb the moisture and get soft by the next day but I have no time to do that in the morning cuz I have to quickly take a 6.58 am bus.. so... no choice...
In the morning when I opened the box...haha... the honeycomb is melted as I thought T_T