Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rossini's

One day I felt like eating French but have no idea where to go. Suddenly think about Rossini's at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit Hotel.. but it's Italian..haha.. Ok, I don't mind if it is good !


Mum and I arrived there quite early around 6 pm. Only 1 table occupied.


The flower was pretty !


Olive and salsa

Grilled ciabatta, we had double.


Cygnus Tasca

I forgot to note the name.. but it was so expensive ฿550


Chef's complimentary dish: Terrine Foie gras with Raspberry sauce

Nothing special.


Grilled Seared Scallop with Tomatoes, Fava beans and Pecorino cheese ฿ 630

I had to say that the scallop was juicy, sweet and very fresh but the whole dish was quite bland for us. Like we tasted nothing only scallop.

My friend saw the picture and said that it should be the Japanese Scallop for sashimi grade.. That's why so sweet.


Home made Pansotti filled with Roasted Veal in Truffle Essence ฿420

I am not a big a fan of Truffle but I love the creamyness of the dish. But my mum didn't really eat cuz it was too creamy for her, I had about 5 Pansotti from 6.. ^ ^''

For main, we ordered
Snow Fish with Green Asparagus, Salina Capers and Cherry Sun dried Tomatoes ฿850
&
Black Olive Crust Lamb Cutlet in Garlic Rosemary Sauce ฿890

The waitress kindly recommended us that she will tell the chef to prepare 2 mains in to 1 dish per person since we wanted to share.

The lamb was quite nice but not as good as Gianni.


The fish was fantastic and juicy as well as the crumb on top which was crispy and tasty. We were really impressed.


Mum's hot coffee. They served with steamed milk.


Chocolate Truffle came with the coffee.


I love this! When mum poured the steamed milk in to coffee, it was just like the cappuccino... Wow..


Hot Chocolate Flan, Vanilla Sauce and Pistachio with Extra Virgin Olive Oil Ice Cream ฿290

Disappointed ! The flan was too sweet, the vanilla sauce was ok, the ice cream was too strange for me. But the presentation was beautiful.

hehe....mum was looking and thinking that when I gonna eat it.


Couldn't finish.


Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
250 Sukhumvit Rd., Khlong Toei,
Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
Tel: +66 2649 8888, +66 2649 8368

No comments: