Sunday, December 14, 2008

Zanotti

Lucky I had a chance to be with my mum in her birthday this year, normally I was always working in Bangkok while she was in the South of Thailand (my hometown). I baked her my favourite dark chocolate tart (but made it sugar free since she is diabetic)

Sugar free chocolate for the filling and diabetic sugar for the crust.

We booked our favourite Italian restaurant, Zanotti, and they let us allow us bring the dessert ourselve because they don't have sugar free desserts. Our dinner time was 19.oo on 13th Dec 2008 for 7 people.


I brought the sparkling red wine that Bobby gave me last time we visited him. It was so crisp, I like. (cockage ฿500)


Complimentary 1 : This was new for me, last time I came here, they haven't serve this one yet. Deep fried mushroom. It was ok but some pieces tasted weird.


Complimentary 2 : Bruschetta, they make it so good. First time I came here and tried this one, I thought that '' wow, ok this meal gonna be good'' and it was.


A big basket of bread, I like it all.

Antipasti special for 4

Incredible huge ! On the menu, antipasti is ฿550 per person, you can choose how many serving you want... We ordered just for 4. I am sorry I can't really remember the name. From top clockwise : Buffalo cheese with capsicum and spicy green leaves, Parma ham with grilled eggplant, Lobster salad, Foie gras with raspberry sauce, Veal and tuna sauce, In the middle is Eggplant Parmigiana. Every thing was wonderful, esp Eggplant parmigiana and foie gras. We order another Foie Gras Salad but I forgot to take photo. It disappeared so fast by Peipei.


Spagetthi with clam and scallop special ฿650 I ate a bit of this, the seafood thing was good and fresh.


Pizza Parma Ham ฿550 Hi light of the meal. The saltiness of Parma Ham goes very well together with the creaminess of Mascarpone cheese. Amazing !!!! The crust was thin and crispy. I have no wonder why this dish is the signature of the restaurant.


Urgggg!!!! I wanna have one now !


Haha... Peipei also love it.


Grilled Lamb Cutlets ฿650


I ordered medium. It was good, perfectly cook but still can't beat Gianni


Grilled Special Dover Sole ฿3000

The wait staff recommended us the imported fish they just got today. We only knew the price after saw the bill...o_O my goodness ! The fish was fine but if I knew the price first, I definitely don't order. So pricey T_T.


Duck breast ฿360 Forgot the full name, the taste was standard, anyway, perfectly cook, pink inside (I was too full, so I tried a bit)

Time for dessert !


The service was very nice, they served my tart in a very cute plate, made it looks much better :D


Complimentary 3 : Italian dessert. They normally dust icing sugar on top but they knew my mum can't take sugar, they served another one without sugar.

Another memorable meal, the atmosphere, the service, the food, the people...everything was so perfect (except the price..lol)

Happy Birthday mum !

Zanotti Ristorante
21/2 1st Floor, Saladaeng Colonnade Condominium,
Silom Rd., Silom Bangrak, Bangkok 10500

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your mum! What a great celebration and good that they allowed you to bring your own dessert (which looks absolutely splendid!)

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Lorraine : thanks very much. Yeah, lucky they allowed us. But telling the truth, the normal tart taste better than the splendid one ^ ^''