Sunday, April 26, 2009

D.O.C. Pizza and Mozarella Bar

This post when I was still in Melbourne. Tonight we had a girl dinner at D.O.C.

We booked for 9 people at 7 pm. but when we arrived, the wait staff said they forgot about booking but its not a problem, wouldn't be long -_-''



The menu is on the paper which I think its a good idea. I like the way they present the Italy map on the menu.


2 cool bottles of water.


Degustazione de 3 Mozzarelle: a tasting plate of 3 mozzarellas, Australian Fior Di Latte, D.O.P. Italian Buffalo Mozzarella and Australian Scamorza (lightly smoked Fior Di Latte) $32

If I am not mistaken, the top right side is the D.O.P which is very soft and rich. Another white one at the bottom is the Ausralian Fior Di Latte which is very milky, taste milder than the first one. The smoky one is a bit crisp outside and saltier than the rest in a good way.. At first bite, taste was too plain but the more you kept eating it, the tasteir it is.

Pizza Tiger Prawns c/tomato, mozzarella, endive, fresh chilli $22.5


Foccacia c/ San Daniele prosciutto, hand torn Buffalo Mozzarella, rocket and cherry tomato $22.50


Pizza ai Porcini c/wild mushrooms, truffle oil & mozzarela in bianco $22.50


Pizza c/ Asiago Cheese, shaped pancetta and sangovese caramelised red chicory $24.50


Pizza Capricciosa Nuova c/tomato, mozzarella, leg ham, mushroom, artichoke & olive $18.50


Nong Lyn, first time I met her in real person, too bad we sat far away, not much conversation :)

I was a bit disappointed for the pizza, they all were just standard. Maybe I expected too much cuz my friend told me that it is very good place. or maybe we were unlucky that night lol


Coppa gelato (full import) - mixed gelati $9.50

The gelati brought back the happiness, it was very good and refreshing.


Sweet goat s cheese, tiramisu c/pavesini & montenegro $9.50

First time I tried goat cheese tiramisu, it was very very creamy. Nice ! (too little alcohol ..haha)

Sweet pizza c/ Belgian white chocolate & fresh strawberries & Vanilla bean ice cream $9.50

This one was the hi light of the meal for me. Just right !


Nong F & me with pizza.

We were pretty full actually, lots of starch.. but I was still crazy asking Nut to eat another gelato



D.O.C Pizza and Mozzarella
295 Drummond St.,
Carlton South, Melbourne, VIC 3053
Tel: (03) 9347 2998

1 comment:

panda said...

shame about the pizza but at least the dessert looks good!