Saturday, September 22, 2012

Taiwan Cafe Taiwanese Street Food

After had such a big eating day from Chez Dre and Burch & Purchese, we still hadn't stopped the day yet. Since everyone left, only P'Krit was the victim who had to be with me for dinner lol.
We were actually not really hungry, then ended up at Taiwan Cafe on Swanton St.

 
 


The place is quite small but luckily we can get the table without waiting. 


My favourite Taiwanese dish : Braised pork on rice (Lu Rou Fan) 滷肉飯: minced pork stewed with five spice and soya stock served with soya marinated egg on rice.

I first had this one at Cho dumpling King and fall in love with it ever since. Here was not bad but still far from many places in Sydney.

Beef wrap : Spring onion wrap with soya marinated beef slices garnished with spring onion and plum sauce.

Recommended by P'Krit and I love it ! Tasty and interesting cuz they use the hoisin sauce reminded me of a Peking duck.  And it was a very heavy dish... I think only half piece already enough for my dinner...haha


 
 Xiao long bao : steamed soup dumplings

Nothing special about it.


Taiwanese beef noodle soup : tenderly braise beef in an authentic herb and spice noodle soup

I was too full for this dish, then had only a few sips of the soup ;P


Even really full after the meal, we managed to get our dessert, a golden sand bun from a shop in China town which I didn't take a photo ^ ^"

Taiwan Cafe
273 Swanston St.
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Tel : 03 9663 6663

No comments: