Friday, September 19, 2008

IP Lesson 28 : Macarons, Biscotti, Piped shortbread

I love Biscotti...especially when dip in a cup of good coffee. I made it about 3-4 times and it turned out quite nice. All the recipe I have used got butter while the one in LCB have no fat at all...hehe...low fat biscuit today ^ ^

Biscotti mean twice-baked. It defined biscuits baked twice in the oven, so they could be stored for long periods of time, which was particularly useful during journeys and wars. Through Middle French, the word was imported into the English language as "biscuit''

Macaron macaron is a traditional French pastry made of egg whites, almond powder, icing sugar and sugar. This sweet pastry came out of the French courts' baker's oven as round meringue-like domes with a flat base. Lucky I tried to made at home before..so today I wasn't so excited.



Almond biscotti, chocolate macaron and piped shortbread. Chef Michael made the macaron in the kinda ''Kisses'' style which is very cute !

But I tried to make it in the style I like :)


Only piped shortbread that I think it can be better cuz the dough was quite soft before bake...so the pattern was not as sharp as chef's

No comments: