Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Longrain

I myself determined that I had to try Longrain before I left Australia. We, 3, told the staff that we really wanted to try as many dishes as we can, so the staff kindly managed to give us a smaller size of food ;)


Eggnet filled with pork prawns peanuts caramelised coconut with a cucumber relish (signatured dish)


Sadly, nothing to rave about.


It is already small size..haha


Twice cooked angus beef ribs with crisp chilli garlic eschallots & lime leaves

P'Lek's friend is the chef working there and she said we must try this dish, its a Bomb!



The most beautiful beef rib I have never seen ! The beef was succulent, tender but still had some bites. The dish was made a lil sweet but eating it with the fried shallot, garlic and other herbs on top was the perfect balance.


hohoho, how happy I am?


Mussaman curry of mirool creek lamb with potatoes, baby onion & pineapple juice.. not really similar as Thai massaman but very nice.



Caramelised pork hock with 5 spice & chilli vinegar


It is the dish I told myself I had to have... heard a lot about its reputation.


and I love it, so beautifully gelatinious.




Oh my, so full ><
Longrain Sydney
85 Commonwealth St., Surry hills, NSW 2010
Tel : (02) 9280 2888

3 comments:

Gianna@TheEmptyFridge said...

What a great lunch!
I tried the eggnet when I Was there last, but unfortunately had a massive allergic reaction because of the corriander!
Definately would try that rib next time :)

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

oh, sorry about allergy.. I like the rib and the pork hock so much :)

susan said...

I love the pork hock at longrain! I really need to go back there soon.