Saturday, May 24, 2008

Lesson 12 : Florentines

Another my favourite lesson....Florentines !

I don't like eating very sweet stuffs...for example: all my coffee and other drinks..never put any sugar. But every kinds of sticky, chewy and gluey things...I love it...Such a no reason girl !

Normally, every Wednesday class we got Chef Michael, my favourite...but he was sick today so we had chef Karin again...

Florentines are a delicious mixture of toasted nuts and candied fruit that are coated with a sweet sticky mixture of honey and sugar and baked until golden brown and bubbly and finished with a layer of melted chocolate.

When you hear the name 'Florentine', you instantly think it must be from Florence Italy. Unfortunately, history does not tell us its true origin.


Chef Karin made florentines with dark and milk chocolate.


Of course, I chose the Dark one..Not only because this cookie is already sweet but also dark chocolate is my favourite. In tasting time, I ate 2 !!!!!!!! yes..2 florentines...you may think ..just 2? but if you taste it, a really buttery and sweet toffee-like cookie, then you will know that I am very good that can finish 2 ..lol


In our class, we baked florentines in foil tin which is easier than pour the whole thing in the tray and cut it after bake.


All dark....I made 13 florentines...pretty nice, eh?


I love it....and really easy to make...(now I keep eating slowly cuz afraid that i will finish it too soon :D)

No comments: