Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fujiya

Pum (my neighbour) kindly invited me to join his birthday party at Fujiya. The entrance looks very small but when we went upstair...huge place and very packed !

Ready !


Very colourful menu.



Just one part of the floor.

Nigiri Sushi Delux $23.00 : 11 kind of sushi...very standard sushi. (4 people at the table, how come I got eat only a scallop ^^'')


Takowasabi $5.00 : Baby octopus with wasabi dressing. This is very good for starter...we all like it.


Kushi Nankotsu $3.80 I don't what it is called in English..It is the soft bone in the chicken brest. Never thought that this thing can become 1 dish served in restaurant.

Ebi Chilli $9.80 : Prawns and chili sauce. I like this dish the most...the sauce is a bit sweet, sour and spicy..perfect if eat with rice, pasta and bread.


Sasami Cheese Makiage $7.30 : Deep fried chicken rolls filled with cheese and cod roe. This dish sounds very interesting for me but the real one just a bit disappointing. Nothing speacial.


Fujiya Chahan $12.30 : Fried rice with grilled eel and egg. When it came, looked soooo different from the menu. I don't think there is an egg in the rice...I found it too sweet for my liking but others like it though.


Yaki Soba $9.80 ...I am not a big fan of yaki soba...no comment.


Ika no Ichiyabos $5.80 When it arrived..All my friends who ordered this one seems so disappointed..They said it looks much better on the menu.


Caramel custard $ 3.50, Maccha ice cream $3.50, Black sesami ice cream $3.90


I am not impressed by this restaurant but some of my friends like it...so you can try if you want :P

Fujiya Japanese Tavern Restaurant

Level 1, 605-609 George St., Sydney, NSW 2000

Tel : (02) 9283 2268

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a Japanese person, I am ashamed of Fujiya. It is not a great place for real Japanese "izakaya" food. There are a couple better places nearby like Kasumi.

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Anonymous : I will try to find Kasumi :)

edge said...

We went here a couple of months ago and while the interior look good...the serving and taste are not all that great. Kinda waste of money though.

where is kasumi? x

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

edge : haha... agree.. I don't really wanna go there again actually.. mmm... I totally forgot about Kasumi, no idea where it is lol