Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ant's Bistro & Max Brenner

Meeting old friend who hasn't been seen for long time. We went to Ant's Bistro for dinner


It was first time for me here but I have heard good things about this place.



Preserved Egg and Beancurd : cold soft beancurd flavoured with preserved egg sauce $7.80

I ordered this one because I wanted something light and mild for my stomach (I am still suffered from Reflux) but it came with lots of chilli -_-''


Garlic soup spinach : poached spinach, swimming in garlic flavoured comsomme $12.80

No idea about garlic soup since it turned out like stir fried spinach with garlic, it was good though.


Chicken San Choi Bao : sauteed minced chicken, bamboo shoot, carrot and onion served in lettuce leaf $8.80 for 2 pieces

I quite like it.


Tealeave smoked duck : marinated with spices, smoked with jusmin tea leave, grilled top with duck gravy and accompanied with bokchoy $21.80

Different from what I thought, it seemed to be braised duck. Not bad but nothing to talk about.


Steamed broad bean fish : Wunan style steamed fish fillet with homemade broad bean (grounded and roasted soy bean) $17.80

First bite, you can tell its frozen fish and the sauce was oily. Our least favourite dish of the night but I don't mind eating it...hahaha



Then went for desserts ( I was stuffed even before dinner, so I just sat and drank water lol)


Chocolate Souffle


It is my favourite but too bad I was too full.



P'Krit & his gf


Ja & Nut (I like this picture, I think I look young..hahaha)


Ant's Bistro
9 Corrs Place, Melbourne
Tel : (03) 9639 2908

No comments: