Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Le Petit Gateau

LS was kindly enough to give me a voucher from Entertainment book for Le Petit Gateau (buy one get one free). So I came here with Deryk just the day before I came back to Sydney.

We went there quite late around almost 3 pm.


I have seen an award winning French pastry chef Pierrick Boyer in French food series (forgot the name). He is so good in what he is doing.




Some of cakes were sold out, so it was easier for me to make a decision? haha


Chocolate showpiece



Brownie and passionfruit gateau $7.50 : Brownie base, crunchy praline feuillete, passionfruit custard with chocolate mousse and topped with chocolate glaze.

This is their signature one. I had seen it in many reviews and I thought it gonna be normal. But once I tasted it, wow... so nice ! The texture and the combination of the flavours are just right. The brownie was not dry as I read in some reviews (I am lucky?) and the crunchy praline feuillete was beautifully delicious. Love it !


Deryk chose the chocolate coffee cream



Chamomile tea for me


The tart shell was good, very short. And you can taste a hint of coffee in the filling but it was a little bit too subtle for us. Still good one anyway. The quenelle on top was whipped cream with some orange liqueur, very nice.


This shop is a lot better than I thought (dunno why I thought that) .. recommend for cake lover :)

Le Petite Gateau
458 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel : (03) 9944 8893

2 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Such amazing looking desserts! The showpiece is spectacular!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I got so excited until I realised that you were still in Melbourne! :P I was hoping to visit this place in Sydney hehe!