Friday, July 9, 2010

DUKES Coffee Roasters

I was in Melbourne for 7 months in 2007 and had a 2-week holiday there twice but I had never come to Prahran Market yet, what a shame ! So today Nut and LS took me to explore the market :)

We started our day at DUKES.

Being cafe and roaster, we can see the roaster machine inside.



Sandwiches and wraps look good.


Sweets.



We sat outside.


Latte, Skinny cappuccino and piccolo latte.

My skinny cap was nice. I just like this style of latte art ..hehe


Potato Rosti, smoked salmon, creme fraiche, pickled beetroot and dill $17

LS went for the salmon. She said it was ok but potato rosti was disappointing.


Eggs slow cooked in a rich capsicum and tomato ragu served with grilled pita bread $15

Nut had this, I couldn't remember whether she likes it but the pita bread was good.


Avocado Hummus toast, poached egg, honey candied bacon and dukka $17

My dish, it was superb ! One of the best breakfast I had in this trip.


The avocado hummus was seasoned well, a bit tangy and a hint of spices.


The hi light of the dish was the candied bacon, so nice. Salty, sweet, chewy, crispy... just love it !

Eating the whole dish, I was in heaven.




DUKES Coffee Roasters
169 Chapel St., Windsor VIC 3181
Tel : (03) 9521 4884

No comments: