Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chocolate Mill & Sault & Ma Ma Nee

Sunday morning we were heading to Daylesford. Visiting Chocolate mill, lunch at Sault and on the way back home for dinner at Ma ma nee... (haha, only eating trip)

LS booked the restaurant for us and used the coupon from entertainment book for discount :D




Local rabbit braised in verjuice, pancetta and apple $30


Pan-roasted scallops on cauliflower purée with Istra chorizo $17.50


House made tortellini of ricotta, lemon and Pastorello with sage brown butter $17.50

I was not so hungry since we just had the hot chocolate at Chocolate Mill, so FH and I decided to shared 2 entrees. The scallop dish, I like the chorizo. The second dish, I think the lemon flavour was too overpowering the whole dish.


JJ with her Tasting plate of regional produce (serves 2-4 people) $32


Mocha tart with cardamom ice cream

Not bad but nothing special.


Pear tart tatin

very disappointed since I saw it was served at the table, once we tried, it was worse... not even warm.


On the way back home, we were hungry again lol so we just came to Ma ma nee



Clockwise : Red duck curry, Papaya salad, Had yai fried chicken (it tasted nice as fried chicken but definitely not "Had yai'' style), Klua Kling (spicy pork ribs dish), Goong chae nampla (Raw prawn in spicy dressing)


Pla sai tod kratiam & Ka na moo krob


5 comments:

Amy @ cookbookmaniac said...

I love how abundant the food looks from Ma Na Mee. Its so welcoming and appetizing.

Winnie said...

Absolutely lovely! I must try it next time I'm in town! Was wonderful to meet you and hope you had fun in Melbourne!!

Bean Sprout's Cafe said...

Amy : especially when we were very hungry, all food looks great :)

Winnie : Ma ma nee is just ok for me (not bad) but if u come to Sydney, please try ''Spice I am''. It is the best Thai restaurant for me. Nice to meet u too..

Obesebaby said...

why all the good food come from Melb..sob sob

Spencer Samaroo said...

Wow! What a great looking feast. The chocolates looked amazing too.