Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 6 in Melbourne : Caffe e Torta, Laurent Patisserie

Such a cold day today, but I was very happy to see my lovely brother-Q. He just came here since last month to study cookery at William Angliss.

So we went to a brunch at Caffe e Torta, one of my favourite cafe in Melbourne.


1 year later...still same menu lol

Very packed...


Variety of Paninis, pastries and muffins.


My skinny cappuccino with apple latte arts.

We ordered the all time favourite...Chicken and Bacon Melted Panini...I still remembered...1 st time I tried this when I was in Melbourne for a first few days last year....I was so happy and thought that...Wow...the best panini I have tried since I came here...now it is still very good. The filling is chicken, bacon, cheese, avocado, spinach and mayoniase.

But this time it is bigger...

Q was trying to take photos.

After that, we continued our lunch at Laurent Patisserie where is just next to the Caffe e Torta.

French style of cakes, pastries, eclairs...oh they have the coffee eclairs like we did at school but pricey...about $5.60


Sandwiches, Tarts, Quiches...


You can see how many saucer are on the table waiting for coffee...but Deryk said now the quality of coffee there has dropped down a lot.


Many people was buying the whole cake....

Le Canotier : Gianduja chocolate mousse, feuilletine, flourless almond sponge & joconde sponge $6.60


Tarte aux Fraises : Strawberry Tart and Pistachio Macaroon. Q said the macaroon here is better than the one at Le Notre in Bangkok




Quite nice..has many different tastes and texture...no wonder why this type of cake is much more expensive than normal...

Caffe e Tortta
314 Little Collins St,
Melbourne 3000 VIC
Tel: (03) 9650 1915

Laurent Patisserie
306 Little Collins St.,
Melbourne, VIC 3000
Tel: (03) 9654 1011

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The wholemeal was Superb. It wasn't just the food but also the person who I dined with :)